Saturday, October 08, 2011

Keep it simple....






When I first set out to do the covers for Graveyard of Empires I knew I wanted simple graphic covers. I had that image of the first cover hazily in my head back when the book was still just an idea in Mark's head. When it was decided that we were going to break it up into issues, I immediately started to figure out how to continue the theme the first one set on through the next covers. Hopefully they stand out. It is the main point of a cover at the end of the day and I thought if I sat down and draw the heck out of them they would just get lost in the mix. It was a fun experiment. I'm not a "pretty picture" kind of artist and covers always seem to go against what my goals are inside the books, but I always approach them as a chance to try something else. One of these days I might even paint a few.

No comments: